Areas of mold related expertise to be immediately offered include:
- Representing engineers primarily from OEM’s to work in their best interest:
- Working with their selected moldmakers in developing mold design concepts/features for optimized productivity. This may involve selecting the moldmaker, assisting in appropriate manifold selection (if applicable) and establishing appropriate mold pricing through clear specifications.
- Evaluating existing molds slated for replacement to advise on features to reduce/eliminate previous issues and aid in reducing cycle.
- Monitoring the moldbuilding process for quality and timely delivery.
- Attending/monitoring/advising on mold qualification runs to production.
- Troubleshooting existing problem molds in the field. This may include advising mold iterations for cycle improvements or insert modifications for high maintenance molds.
- Working with moldmakers to promote automation implementation. Areas of manufacturing expertise include:
- Automating 2-machine/1 robot sub cells for mold insert manufacture.
- Integrating multiple sub cells.
- Integrating an entire mold insert manufacturing site.
- Developing a process to manage any of the above selections
- Educating moldmaking personnel to be able to work as a team in the transition